10. August 2017

Who goes on a journey can tell tales …


… or in other words: What to do when a dick snatches your phone away.


I guess before I tell you what to do I tell you what happened. So basically, I was sitting at a station minding my own business, I just pulled my phone out of my bag to check where my bus was at when I suddenly heard a loud moped sound. I just ignored it as I though they are just driving past and they just tuned it or whatever but then I just saw how someone (the massive twat) grabbed my phone and just drove off with his friend. Keep in mind this is literally my SECOND day in London. So here are now the points that I did/didn’t do but that you should do.

1.   Remember as much as you can from the thief’s.
2.     Don’t run after them … it is basically useless (this is what I did for a split second)
3.     Go to the closest stop and ask them if you could call the police
4.     After you called the police call your provider and let them block your sim card and your phone
5.     Stay calm (I definitely did not do that at all)
6.     Wait for the police to arrive and tell them everything you saw and know.
7.     If you are lucky enough to meet nice police officers (like I did) they will take you home.
8.     When you are at home it is okay to cry but at the end always remember that it all could have been worse, like they could have hurt you or stole your purse. (just for your information as soon as I hit the bed and called my mom I was crying like a baby and even after we ended the call … and the morning after and when my dad wrote me an email that everything is fine … I literally broke down)
9.     Oh and that is not a tip just for this situation but generally … write down the most important contact numbers in a small book or on a paper and put it in your purse … because damn I was lost yesterday … damn you modern technology)

So those are my tips for you in case something like this occurs to you (but I really hope it doesn’t).Just so you know, this will not stop me whatsoever, I will still do my internship with joy and I am very much looking forward to it, it just put me a step back but from this point on everything can just get better … right?

The only thing I really lost yesterday was the last bit of my faith in humanity. I know that there are still really nice people out there (like the police officers yesterday) but damn I really hate people.


Just keep on going!


Oh and btw ad I was writing this post it occurred to my that I actually dreamed of this moment. Like a dreamed that my phone gets stolen and that I ran to a carwash … is this cool or scary?


<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/19032831/?claim=3pazsy2pvpe">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
SHARE:

Keine Kommentare

Kommentar veröffentlichen

© & other stuff. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig