30. August 2017

Curiosity


curiosity killed the cat ... or something like that.



Exploring London is always a fun activity. You see all kinds of places, people, and things. And here I am not talking about all those damn tourist attractions where people just stand around and gawk at a building that most of them probably have seen so many times, where people literally walk as slow as a tired turtle and therefore blocking the way for people who need to be somewhere, or for people that just want to be far away from these places. As you can tell I am not the biggest fans of tourists but before I go into full on rant mode I will come back to the point I wanted to make.



When you really want to get to know a city you have to bring curiosity with you. Curiosity for alleyways that look like they can lead to somewhere new, for old halls that might actually contain something interesting.



This is what I have been doing for the past 3 weekends that I have been here. I was walking around and just kept on looking for new places to explore. This way I came across my new favorite place in London (so far): Old Spitalfields Market.



For those who do not know this market, it is a place where people come and sell their products on small stalls. You can find everything, from beautiful jewelry to unique wall decoration. By all means, some of these products are not cheap as this is not a second-hand market but I swear if I had the money I would spend a major part of it in this market. It also has some high-end shops like Chanel, Jo Malone, Jigsaw, Mac and many more. So there is something for everyone.



Also, another reason why I love this market is that there are a lot of foodtrucks and as a well-known foodie I always jump to the next opportunity to taste good food from everywhere. This saves me the hustle of cooking dinner at night but also it is on my way home so I don't have to go somewhere else.


Before you say anything of it being a tourist place as well I can just say that I agree with you but it is not as bad as Covent Garden, Trafalgar square or, my personal hell, Oxford Street. And as this market is placed in East (Central) London so not many tourists come here.

Stay curious.



SHARE:

Keine Kommentare

Kommentar veröffentlichen

© & other stuff. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig